This Privacy Statement sets out the basis on which we will process the Personal Data that we collect and receive from and about our members, customers who purchase tickets for our events, attend our events or subscribe to our mailing list.
Our privacy commitments
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate contractual purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
We collect the following personal data from or about you as a member of Putney Theatre Company, Group 64 Theatre for Young People or as a parent or guardian of a member of Group 64 Theatre for Young People:
- Personal Data collected directly from you through a join us form, a membership form or other request to join the theatre. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is to provide you with the regular updates as part of your membership to the theatre.
- Personal Data collected indirectly through our Direct Debit provider – Go Cardless, if this is how you pay for your membership.
We use your personal data:
- For enrolling you or your child as a member of either Putney Theatre Company or Group 64 Theatre for Young People
- For administration purposes and to provide direct information that you will need to know in relation to your membership.
- To keep you updated with news that pertains to opportunities and activities at the theatre
- If you provide us with medical information we need to be aware of, we use this data to care for you and/or safeguard your child’s well being whilst a member.
Putney Arts Theatre does not and will not share your data with any third party. Occasionally members of Putney Theatre Company have a legitimate need, in the creation of a production, to request data on another member – for example, an email address of someone who knows about costuming or prop making. We will however, gain your permission beforehand for such purposes.
We collect the following personal data from or about you as a Putney Arts Theatre customer:
- Personal Data Collected Directly from you through the booking process: your name, phone number, postal address, email address. Our legal basis for the collection and processing of this data is the provision to you of the services purchased by you.
- Personal Data received indirectly through our payment processing suppliers which enables us to create and store a record of your purchase history. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is to fulfil our contractual obligations to you – for example, issuing tickets, providing refunds etc.
We use your Personal Data:
- For the administration of your purchases and our performances and to contact you about your purchase (for example with details on your tickets and your attendance).
- To contact you with marketing messages which you have requested or agreed to receive from us (for example via a branded newsletter);
- To contact you with surveys and feedback requests (for example relating to a show you attended);
- To analyse the purchase history of our customers and the way our customers use our box office options.
Putney Arts Theatre does and will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party.
Social Media Followers
We may receive the following Personal Data about you if you follow one of our social media accounts: Your account name, gender, general interests, location, age. Our legal basis for processing this data is our legitimate interest in providing social media and marketing content that is of interest to our followers on social media.
We use this Personal Data:
- to provide bespoke social media content (for example by analysing your general interests);
- to create targeted advertising across all our social media channels (for example by analysing responses to posts and existing advertisements);
- to find out more about our digital community (for example by analysing the location of our followers).
Putney Arts Theatre will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party.
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- Ticket Seller: Lineup , https://lineupnow.com
- Payment Processors
- Stripe, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified https://stripe.com/privacy-shield-policy
- Go Cardless https://gocardless.com
- CRM Tool: Mailchimp,. https://kb.mailchimp.com/accounts/management/about-mailchimp-the-eu-swiss-privacy-shield-and-the-gdpr
- Cloud Storage:
- Google Drive, https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
- Dropbox,. https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/data-transfers-europe-us
- Social Media Platform:
Facebook, some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
- Survey Tool: Survey Monkey, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/privacy-policy/
- Web Management Tools
- Modx https://modx.com
- Google Analytics, located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
- We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised personnel.
- We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
- We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- have completed a ticketing purchase within the last 36 months
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you.
If you have not opened any email communication from Putney Arts Theatre or interacted in any other way with the organisation for 24 months we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by sending your request to [email protected] you can unsubscribe at anytime by the same means or through clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our emails.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your personal data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
- You can contact us with questions about the personal information we hold about you using the contact information provided in the contact us section of this privacy notice.
- Putney Arts Theatre, Ravenna Road, Putney, London, SW15 6AW
- [email protected]
- 0208788 6943